Tools for All Types of Marketing Strategies is a series on my blog that I use to share new marketing tools I have discovered that can work for all types of marketing strategies.
With the ever changing world of social media marketing, the work of a social media strategist could easily become a full-time job in just staying up-to-speed on all the nuances and changing occurring within an individual platforms. Combined with those changes, Social media marketing strategists have a lot of work to do to effectively and efficiently manage a client’s channels.
This week, I discovered the below infographic from MyCleverAgency.com that offers some guidelines for creating that perfect post on your brand’s blog, YouTube, Facebook, and other social media channels. I trust this will become a great reference tool for you as you work to engage your growing social media audience.
Highlights for Creating that Perfect Post:
- Keep your posts positive in nature. On this platform, “positivity breeds engagement and sharing,” states My Clever Agency.
- Share beautiful and compelling images as well as links to pertinent resources
- Initiate a dialogue that creates conversations with your audience
- Think MOBILE! A key reminder, 80-85% of your fans will see posts on their phone, so please plan to use simple images that will be easily seen on mobile devices. Helpful hint: Attach the images to the post in order to provide the best, largest image view to your community members. Then, you may add description/link within that posted image.
- Provide clear call-to-actions, so your readers know what you want them to do
- Add high quality graphics and images
- Create posts that:
- avoid abbreviations and all caps
- include shortened your urls
- ask questions
- provide facts and figures that will engage viewers and encourage your audience to retweet
- Leave 20 characters available when you post, so people can retweet your tweet
- Focus on images with NO human faces. “images with no human faces get shared 23% more often than those with human faces,” according to My Clever Agency.
- Test posts with red or orange colors and watch how the number of your repines will increase
- Use compelling backgrounds that do not take up more than 40% of your image
- Share vertical images, which perform better than horizontally oriented images (perfect ratio: 2:3 and 4:5)
- Post publicly as well as to your specific circles
- Tag any brands and people, who will be notified when your post is live
- Add relevant tags to your posts to increase discoverability
- Attach full-sized images (800×600 px) will make your posts stand out on the page comared to tiny images and link thumbnails
- Feature the subject of the photo in only ⅔ of the screen. This will create a more attractive image.
- Use relevant photo captions to grab the attention of people
- Include questions to drive audience comments
- Determine if a current hashtag is applicable to increase the discoverability of your post
What tools have you discovered this week?